Welcome to the Law Offices of Karen Ware, PC
Karen Ware has been helping people with credit and debt problems for over ten years. Learn more about Attorney Karen Ware’s background and experience.
While bankruptcy can wipe out your debts, it can also be a valuable tool for improving your life. We are focused on this aspect of bankruptcy– using its protections to help you achieve your financial goals.
We enjoy getting to know you and learning about your life. This helps us find the right bankruptcy strategy for you.
Some other bankruptcy practices emphasize volume and filing cases as quickly as possible. We take the time to find the best approach for you.
Of course, if you want to file immediately, we can do that too. We offer same-day appointments and emergency filing services.
We appreciate your visiting our site, and hope you find some helpful information about the benefits and protections of filing bankruptcy. We also offer a free initial consultation. Give us a call to find out how we can help. We look forward to talking with you.
What Makes Us Different?
Experience and Results: In almost twelve years of practice, none of our bankruptcy clients has ever lost an asset. We have successfully discharged student loans and tax debts. Many of our Chapter 7 cases were for high income households and / or self-employed filers. If you think you have an “impossible” case, give us a call. You might be surprised.
Attention and Care: You work directly with attorney Karen Ware from your initial consultation until your case is closed.
We Handle Your Hearings Personally: We handle your hearing personally. We will thoroughly prepare you for the hearing, meet you before the hearing, and keep you in good spirits while waiting for your case to be called.
We Help You Achieve Your Goals: We help you (1) determine your financial goals and (2) use bankruptcy to achieve them. This is the most complex part of the bankruptcy process. Many bankruptcy attorneys just want to get your case filed. We evaluate many different strategies to find the one that gives you a truly fresh start.
We Eliminate Your Stress: We start handling creditor contacts immediately. You can answer your phone, open your mail, and sleep at night. We check in with you often to be sure the process is clear and easy for you. In our very first meeting, we give you a timeline of all the events in your case. You will know what to expect every step of the way.
Reasonable Fees and Payment Plans: We charge reasonable fees and offer payment plans that will work with your budget.
Free Initial Consultation: We offer a free initial consultation.
We Make the Process Easy: Our procedures are streamlined, efficient, and technology friendly.
Accessibility: We are available by text, phone, and email.
Wipe Out Credit Cards, Medical Debts, and Other Unsecured Debts
Discharge Some Unpaid Taxes / Set Up Tax Payment Plans
Catch up on Mortgage or Vehicle Payments
Quickly Rebuild Your Credit by Becoming Debt Free
Save for a Home, Education, or Retirement
Lower Student Loan Payments
Stop Collection Lawsuits, Letters, Calls
Stop Garnishments, Liens, and Levies
CHAPTER 7 BANKRUPTCY
- Chapter 7 bankruptcy is typically a quick process (around 4 months from filing to discharge.)
- Chapter 7 wipes out most unsecured debts like credit cards and medical debts.
- Chapter 7 can stop debt lawsuits, collections, garnishments, evictions and repossessions.
- Chapter 7 can help you get back previously garnished or levied funds under some circumstances.
- Chapter 7 can wipe out some past due income taxes.
- If you choose to do so, you can keep your house and vehicle.
- If you prefer to “undo” a bad deal, you can surrender your car or house and walk away from the debt and tax consequences.
- Most people keep all their assets when they file Chapter 7.
- Chapter 7 can help you rebuild your credit by wiping out your debts and turning you into a “debt free” person.
CHAPTER 13 BANKRUPTCY
- In Chapter 13 bankruptcy, you work out a payment plan with your creditors.
- The plan is based on your ability to pay (among other factors).
- It allows you to avoid foreclosure or car repossession while catching up on payments.
- You can make manageable payments on tax debts and student loans.
- Some people are eligible to “stretch out” secured debt payments (like car payments) over a longer period of time, making these payments more affordable. (available only in Ch 13.)
- Some people can “strip off” unsecured junior mortgages on their houses (available only in Ch 13.)
- At the end of your payment period, many “leftover” unsecured debts are eliminated.
DEBT LAWSUITS, GARNISHMENTS, LEVIES, LIENS
- If you have been sued by a debt buyer or creditor, we can help.
- You might have defenses to the lawsuit, counter-claims against the plaintiff, and / or objections you can raise in defending the case.
- If you ignore the lawsuit, the plaintiff is likely to get a judgment against you.
- Once the creditor has a judgment, it can garnish your wages, levy your bank accounts, and file liens on your assets.
- We can prevent this from happening. We can also stop an ongoing garnishment or levy. You might be able to get back some or all of the funds already taken from you. But, you must act very quickly. Call us immediately if you have been notified of a pending garnishment, lien, or levy.