Below is a list of the documents you will need to bring for your initial consultation.
Note: The documents below will allow a preliminary analysis, but your Attorney will likely need to request additional documents from you.
. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
DOCUMENTS TO BRING TO A BANKRUPTCY APPOINTMENT
For any documents you plan to leave with our office, please bring copies with you. We are unable to accept originals for your bankruptcy file.
- A certificate from a pre-bankruptcy credit counseling service. We recommend www.debtoredu.com
- Your social security card
- Six months’ worth of pay stubs for both filer and spouse (if married). Please bring your spouse’s paystubs even if he or she is not filing bankruptcy.
- Your past two years of income tax returns (both federal and state)
- If self-employed, income statements from the past six months showing all income and expenses for the business
- Any documents you have related to any lawsuits, tax debts, judgments, levies, garnishments, and / or liens
- Six months’ worth of bank statements for all banking accounts
- A Completed Bankruptcy Questionnaire (click here for link to the questionnaire)
- Please note: to ensure the safety of our network, we are unable to accept documents via external media (thumb drives, etc.)